What is the Family Reimbursement Program?
The Family Reimbursement Program (FRP) is one of Starbridge’s Family Support Services, funded through the New York State Office for People with Developmental Disabilities (OPWDD). Many families who have a family member with a developmental disability living at home have special expenses that the typical family does not have. Expenses covered by FRP may include goods and services, respite care, community involvement, and other items. This program is designed to assist the family with these increased costs.
How can Starbridge help you?
Starbridge offers Family Reimbursement for both the Finger Lakes and Western New York regions. Applications are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
Finger Lakes FRP
For residents of Monroe County –
- The agency cap is $500.00 per family each year.
- Family Reimbursement and Respite Reimbursement offered.
For residents of Chemung, Livingston, Ontario, Schuyler, Seneca, Steuben, Wayne, Wyoming, or Yates County –
- The agency cap is $400.00 per family each year.
- Primarily for families who have an individual with autism living at home.
- Expenses must relate to supports and services necessary for the individual to participate in his or her community.
Finger Lakes Forms (all provided in pdf format)
Western New York FRP
For residents of Allegany, Cattaraugus, Chautauqua, Erie, Genesee, Niagara, or Orleans County –
- The agency cap is $700.00 per family each year.
Western New York Forms (all provided in pdf format)
What are the eligibility requirements?
Families (biological, adoptive, or extended) are eligible if they have a family member with a developmental disability who lives at home, and eligibility has been determined by OPWDD.
How do you get started?
- Fill out the Family Reimbursement Application – Answer Question 8 indicating how this item/service directly relates to the individual's disability.
- Attach ORIGINAL receipt showing the cost/price of item or service.
- Attach eligibility documentation.
- Mail to Eloiza Miranda, Starbridge, 1650 South Avenue, Suite 200, Rochester, NY 14620
If you have questions or need more information, please contact –
Eloiza Miranda, FRP Coordinator, by phone at 800-650-4967 ext. 356 toll free in NYS, or 585-224-7356, or email email@example.com.
Kerri Noyes, Family Support Coordinator, by phone at 800-650-4967 ext. 333 toll free in NYS, or 585-224-7333, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.